August 23, 2016

Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program contracts signed in 2001-02 expire on September 30, 2016 and must be renewed by that date if landowners want to remain in CREP. Re-enrollment must be completed by September 30, you will not be able to re-enroll if you begin the process on that date. Re-enrollment only applies to 15-year contracts, not perpetual easements under CREP.

To re-enroll, contact your local USDA Farm Service Agency office, a representative will visit the land to check for compliance, and landowners will have the option to add or remove lands to the next fifteen year contract. Land value has also risen over the last fifteen years, meaning that landowners will likely receive higher payments than in 2001 if they choose to re-enroll.

Enrollment of eligible lands into CREP is always open and interested landowners can contact their county land and water conservation office or local FSA office for more information.