Landowner Incentive Program Accepting Project Proposals in Driftless Area

The Landowner Incentive Program works to create and manage habitat for rare plants and animals in the Driftless Area through providing funding and technical help. Any privately owned land in the Driftless area is eligible, including private parcels and land trusts, and eligible work includes prescribed burns, native plantings, invasive and woody species removal, and more. The projects proposed must provide benefits to at-risk species and their habitat, but those projects often benefit other species as well.

This program reimburses landowners for up to 75% of the cost for practices, and landowners must match the remaining 25%. You must also be willing to enter into a ten year agreement to maintain the intent of the project area.

To apply, visit the Landowner Incentive Program page of the DNR website to fill out the online pre-proposal form, or if you have received funding in the past, contact DNR program staff directly. If pre-proposal is approved, you’ll be invited to submit a detailed full project proposal. Lands enrolled in CRP are not eligible, but lands enrolled in other conservation programs (EQIP, MFL, etc) may be eligible. Be sure to contact your forester before applying if your land is enrolled in another conservation program.

Learn more about how Swamplovers are using LIP funds in Dane County in a story from Wisconsin Natural Resources Magazine.

Funds are awarded on a first-come-first-served basis, so apply soon!

 

Password Reset
Please enter your e-mail address. You will receive a new password via e-mail.